What is the Dandanator Entertainment System?
The Dandanator Entertainment System (DES) is a new physical support for Amstrad CPC games.
It offers greater technical capabilities for creating games and a gaming experience never seen before on CPC, add to this an incredible ease and ease of use.
- 512 KB instant access ROM game cartridges, providing a «console-like» experience.
- Small game cartridges, easy to store and classify.
- Detection of inserted cartridge, so that if the cartridge is not present the system is disabled. There is no need to disconnect the device for normal use.
- Connecting to the back for future expansions. Compatible with memory or other extensions. This allows you to enjoy games that require 128KB of RAM on CPC with 64KB.
- It works directly on any CPC 464, 664, 6128, 464 and 6128, you only need to connect it and it is functional!
- Due to the project’s compatibility with the Dandanator mini CPC, DES is also supported by RetroVirtualMachine, Arnold and ZesarUX emulators.
- Public domain project.
Software features (courtesy of OverCLK):
- Thanks to the software, the cartridge’s games or programs could be change from the CPC itself, without the need for additional hardware through a USB connection to the PC.
- It compresses games so that you can take more storage space.
- It offers software for creating, managing and transferring game «romsets» for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- It supports images in SNA, CDT and DSK format (on trial). It cannot stand games with multi-loads.
- It allows you to select the pokes from a WinApe-compatible bookstore or introduce them manually.
- It incorporates the McLeod Ideafix test Rom.